Monday, October 6, 2008

Progress..

I'm finally feeling as if I'm finally making some of it. Earlier this year, the thought of me being able to get through it, to move forward and get on with life seemed too far fetched an idea. For the longest time I felt stuck. It was as if time had just stopped for me and I was being drowned by everything that happened. I, honestly, doubted that I'd ever be able to feel like myself again. But talking to Val last night and hearing it coming out of someone else's mouth, that we are still here and still strong, made me realize that it's happened. I survived. We survived.
"If we can survive this, we can survive anything." -G
All I can say is PRAYER WORKS. It's the only way I've managed to keep my optimism about life, to trust people again, to build friendships again, etc. God literally made me whole again and I'm forever grateful for it. 
"I like where we are right now." -R

No comments: